Infectious disease emergencies are circumstances caused by biological agents, including organisms such as bacteria, viruses or toxins with the potential for significant illness or death.
An Infectious Disease Management Plan (IDMP) should be used in situations where an emerging infectious disease poses a risk to business operations. GCG excels in helping clients develop their Infectious Disease Management Plan to effectively navigate the unique challenges a business may face resulting from an outbreak, particularly the challenges being presented by the current COVID-19 pandemic.
An effective IDMP should include detail around:
- Keeping employees informed
- The means of minimising infection spread
- Isolation protocols
- How to deal with ill employees
- Ensuring that, emergency services/medics, maintenance, cleaning and catering staff are not infected
- Protocols for room cleaning and meal delivery for persons in isolation
- A robust regime for the use and disposal of potentially contaminated personal items
- Protective equipment requirements
How can we help?
GCG is providing assistance to organisations that require a review of their existing Infectious Disease Management Plan to enable them to successfully navigate this period. We can help you too. We are able to develop and implement an appropriate Infectious Disease Management Plan in your organisation that complies with legislative requirements and the directions and advice provided by Australian Government health authorities relating to COVID-19.
GCG’s hygiene consultants are industry professionals and certified with the Australian Institute of Health and Safety (AIHS) and the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygiene (AIOH). We have extensive experience within all industries and are uniquely located across Australia to give you the help you need.