Scalable system that provides adequate guidance for management and supervision
With a greater number of businesses becoming lean we are seeing a growing trend toward outsourcing maintenance and specialist activities to contractors. With this trend brings additional hazards relating to familiarisation with systems, processes and company standards/requirements.Some key considerations were captured along the way from working with our clients tp produce a contractor management system that:
- is relevant to the nature and type of work being performed
- considers and addresses the risks
- is scalable to suit organisational growth
- delivers an end to end perspective
- provides adequate guidance for managers and supervisors
- Scope of Work
- Due Diligence
- Induction and Training
- Work Coordination
- Work Authorisation
- Performance and Accountability
- Communication and Consultation
- The risks the business has that will affect the contractor.
- The risks the contractor is introducing to the business.