Keeping Rail Safety on Track
We at GCG have extensive experience in managing processes across the entire rail sector, and are fluent in the Rail Operators obligations and providing practical WHS management solutions.
We frequently assess and review hazardous chemical transports across multiple stakeholder entities (the transfer of goods between duty holders), and facilitate risk workshops for contractor management, rail carriage safe design, operator ergonomics, and public access/egress (including station transfers).
Complementing our processes are our network of industry-leading personnel, who collaborate with clients to facilitate lasting solutions.
We are familiar with role of the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR), and the goal to align Australian Rail Safety Management to a risk-based approach across the industry.
We regularly work alongside clients in the rail industries for:
- Coaching and mentoring of contract supervisors and management of workers.
- Identifying and analysing the transportation of hazardous chemicals across the rail network.
- Designing systems protecting workers when handling hazardous chemicals.
- Risk observations with a focus on human interaction and heuristic learning behaviours.
- Promote safety culture from a negative to a positive influence.
- Identify areas where the safety design is incomplete and provide solutions.