On 11 March 2020 the World Health Organisation (WHO) declared the outbreak of COVID-19 a pandemic. As the virus continues to spread, businesses around the globe are preparing for a potentially escalating series of events.
Boards and senior management teams play a critical role in supporting businesses to plan and allocate resources, including making decisions about how and when to enact business continuity plans, and the development of additional existing and new plans for crisis management, and in some cases pandemic management plans.
Given the duration and extent of COVID-19 is unknown, Boards and senior management teams will require specialised advice to appropriately manage the health and safety risks presented by the current health crisis.
GCG has a wide-range of experience in advising boards and senior management teams in both the private and public sectors, and can provide high level support on how to effectively lead organisations through COVID-19.
GCG can provide specialised advice around how to:
- Plan and manage the health and safety risks presented by COVID-19 over the coming months
- Put in place a prevention strategy for COVID-19
- Put in place planning for management of business as usual hazards and the associated risks, including safe systems of work for your teams
- Make sure that your clients have assurance that your organisation can safely navigate the prevention, and if the worst happens, the management of a COVID-19 case in your workplace
- Demonstrate WHS due diligence during this unprecedented time of previously unforeseeable risks and the management strategies to help you keep your people safe
The greater GCG team have also created a fully collaborative business-level Business Continuity Plan (BCP) that we are enacting to make sure that we can deliver services to your business in a safe manner. Let us help you do the same.