What is it?
Under the Australian State and Model Regulations, businesses that deal with hazardous chemicals have the responsibility of ensuring a proper system in place to eliminate or minimise risks associated with these chemicals. In addition to these regulations, a multitude of standards may be applicable depending on the types of chemicals being dealt with. For example, the Australian Standard for the storage and handling of flammable and combustible liquids AS1940 suggests a stringent set of guidelines to adhere to. Not to mention, there are different legislative compliance depending on the state you’re in.
GCG conducts Hazardous Chemicals System Reviews to assist with finding practical compliance options at workplaces.
Services we provide
Some reviews we regularly undertake include:
- Hazardous Chemicals System Reviews
- Hazardous Chemicals Process Reviews & Development
- Hazardous Chemicals Control Reviews & Selection
- Respiratory Protective Equipment Selection and Fit Testing
Providing assurance through experience
Past experiences in varying industries such as manufacturing, mining, and aviation have better equipped GCG’s Consultants with the technical knowledge to handle complex workplaces.
GCG’s Consultants will first work with clients to establish an understanding of the organisation and the work that will be carried out.
Based on given information, history and context, Consultants are then able to commence a review which will include:
- Accurately understanding the precise compliance requirements for the organisation – nothing missed – nothing over the top
- Conducting an assessment to establish the current level of hazardous chemical management compliance
- Developing a method for meeting these requirements practically and efficiently
- Working with the business to refine the process and the responsible people, down to detail such as financials, such as the year on year budget forecast
- Formalising the processes using visual formats in line with any corporate requirements
- Setting up for implementation and succession to ensure it works once we complete the project