About Hazardous Chemical Audit
A quality hazardous chemicals audit covering safe handling, storage, labelling and disposal of hazardous chemicals help create a safe and reliable workplace environment. Routine assessment and assurance of a hazardous chemical management program or system are critical for businesses which inherently purchase, use, store and dispose of hazardous chemicals. The main challenge is for clients to interpret and incorporate the complex framework of International and Australian Standards into the business’s safety management system.
Services we provide
Some of the audits we regularly complete include:
- Audits based on national or state Hazardous Chemical Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Australian Standards audit – tailored to those applicable to the site in question
- Holistic Hazardous Chemicals Audit
- Hazardous Chemicals Audit – Procurement Process
- Hazardous Chemicals Audit – Storage
- Hazardous Chemicals Audit – Inventory
- Hazardous Chemicals Audit – Use and Handling
- Hazardous Chemicals Audit – Disposal
- Hazardous Chemicals Register / Manifest Audit and Update
With experience comes confidence
GCG’s auditing approach is focussed on working with clients to understand the position, situation and history behind the client’s business. GCG strives to drive improvement and change the right way through our technical knowledge in hazardous chemical management accumulated over the years.
GCG’s Consultants bring a unique mix to this service by having experience in chemistry, safety management systems and occupational hygiene. Our occupational hygiene platform allows us to understand true chemical risk from the position of both acute and chronic exposure. In many cases, our understanding of the health risk allows us to practically reduce the controls currently on site for some hazardous chemicals.
Did you know?
Based on audit statistics from the last 5 years, clients with challenging chemical risk profiles have an average of 150 corrective actions for a medium-sized workplace.
GCG conducts tailored hazardous chemicals audits for our clients based on the following factors:
- A hazardous chemical risk profile
- Size and scale of operations
- Constraints of the organisation and what can be achieved
- Areas of hazardous chemical management which require the most focus
- Consideration of the hazardous chemical lifecycle within an organisation – from proper procurement assessment through to disposal techniques