Lifting the Standard of Protection for Your Employees
The health and safety of your workforce is our number one priority. The success of any company is built on the people within it: the employees. It is therefore paramount to treat employees as family, and look after their health in the workplace – as building a strong foundation will inevitably contribute to further successes.
Manual handling and hazardous manual tasks are inherent to many functions carried out by workers everyday. Due to the nature of varying industries and the roles carried out within them, applying specific control measures practically can be very challenging.
Hazardous Manual Task is defined under Safe Work Australia’s harmonised OHS legislation as “a task that requires a person to lift, lower, push, pull, carry or otherwise move, hold or restrain any person, animal or thing involving one or more of the following:
- repetitive or sustained force
- high or sudden force
- repetitive movement
- sustained or awkward posture
- exposure to vibration
As many of our team come from an applied science background, we are able to clearly identify and assess musculoskeletal risk factors. Commonly, this type of work is automatically carried out in conjunction with other projects in order to save our client extra costs.
We work with a wide variety of manufacturing, construction, and maintenance organisations manage their manual handling work practically by:
- The development of Job Dictionaries
- Ergonomic Heat Mapping of problematic tasks
- Manual handling awareness training
- Identifying risks, and conducting detailed task analysis of the priority roles/tasks
- Mapping the findings and developing information that will integrate with the client’s
- Health and well-being program
- Fitness for work program
- Rehabilitation program
Further information can be found on the Safe Work Australia website.